- Visit the http://www.khou.com/
- Change the Community to Spring – Tomball
- Refresh the page until Jodie “Queen Bee” Collins’, Keller Williams Professionals, Banner ad show on the left had side.
- To view her KHOU.com profile page, simply click on the banner.
HAR (Houston Association of Realtors) has released their March numbers.
Please contact me for additional information or if you have any questions.
The Highlights are:
· Single-family homes sales or up for the 22nd consecutive monthly increase, 17% higher than a year ago
· The median price of existing single-family homes increased to $172,000 up 6.5% vs Mar-12.
· The Average single-family home price reached the second all-time highest level of $236,195
· Inventories (or homes on the market) are extremely low. While this is accounting for the higher sales, median, and average price increases, the appraisals are not caught up to market yet. This means that buyers may not qualify for a home mortgage or have to pay the difference out of pocket.
Still great signs that the market is becoming a sellers’ market; this just goes to show, that even more, you need a qualified Real Estate Consultant on your side.
Contact me directly for more information:
Jodie “Queen Bee” Collins
Successfully marketing your home takes two! The Seller(s) and the Realtor, have to work together toward the end goal; selling your home quickly and for top dollar!
- Pricing Guidance and Staging advice.
- Input your listing to MLS.
- Install nationally recognized sign.
- Provide information fliers.
- Prepare Advertising and Virtual Tour
- Put on You Tube and Social Media outlets
- Mass Email to KW agents in office.
- Hold Open Houses.
- Give Feedback on showings.
- Review contracts and represent you in negotiations.
- Complete all repairs and cleaning.
- “Stage” your home to be appealing.
- Hide valuables (also prescriptions).
- Keep marketing information out for prospective buyers.
- Call me if information is depleted.
- Leave premises for showings.
- Call me with any questions.
- Refer friends and acquaintances who might be interested in your property.
- Refuse to discuss terms with prospective buyers or their agents.
What Home Sellers Do & Don’t Control:
• Property Condition
• Availability for Showing
• Home Warranty
Seller Doesn’t Control:
• Buyer’s or Seller’s Market
• Interest Rates
• When the perfect buyer walks through the door
Obviously this is very high level, but they are good guidelines. If you would like to know more, please contact us.
It is very important to price your property at a competitive market value at the signing of the listing agreement. Historically, your first offer is usually your best offer!
This can be a touchy subject for sellers, but it is an extremely important one. When selling your home, the price is ultimately set by what a home buyer is willing to pay the home seller for the home in today’s market! Granted, there are several factors that help determine the value, but in the end, it is often simple supply and demand economics. Home loans, and other factors can play their part in the home’s value, and this is why you need an experienced and qualified Realtor and their team, on your side.
Here are some areas that don’t determine the current value of your home:
- What you paid
- What you need
- What you want
- What your neighbor says
- What another agent says (It is only talk, until they can back up what they say with facts)
- Cost to rebuild today
Need more information:
Often home sellers feel that they should get 100% of the remodeling investment, or more, when they decide to sell their home. Unfortunately, this is often just not the case. In some cases, remodeling is needed to make the home marketable. Please consult a licensed Realtor to see if your home improvements might pay off in the long run. However, a bit of good news! It looks like home improvements are bringing in more value than they were previously.
Copyright 2013 NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
HAR (Houston Association of Realtors) has released their February numbers. Please contact me for additional information or if you have any questions.
The Highlights are:
- The median price of existing single-family homes increased to $165,000 up 8.9% vs Jan-13. This is still lower than the highs seen in December and June of last year.
- Existing single-family home sales increased 10.3% from Jan-13 for a Feb-13 total of 4,213 sold units. This is normal since peek sales are usually during the summer months when kids are out of school.
- Condos decreased in price to $142,000 down -1.7% vs Jan-13.
- Existing condo sales increased 22.7% in Feb-13 over Jan-13 for a total of 475 sold units.
Single Family = Single-Family, Patio Home, Duplex, Historic, Free Standing
Condo = Townhouse/Condo
Reports generated from Clarus MarketMetrics®
Contact your REALTOR® for additional local market trends in your neighborhood. Reports were generated from Clarus MarketMetrics®. Clarus MarketMetrics® is available on a monthly or annual subscription basis to HARMLS members. To register for an account, visit www.clarusresource.com/mm.
The Houston Association of REALTORS® (HAR), founded in 1918, is a 26,000-member organization of real estate professionals engaged in every aspect of the industry, including residential and commercial sales and leasing, appraisal, property management and counseling. It is the largest individual membership trade association in Houston, as well as the second largest local association/board of REALTORS® in the United States. Visit our web site at www.har.com.
If would like to know more, please contact me directly:
Jodie “Queen Bee” Collins, Realtor